Wednesday 1 December 2010

The how and the why...

First of all, if I want to write things about the project, I need to present myself. I am a 22 years old man who really likes computer sciences and drawing. I was looking for a way to combine drawing and computer science since my youth.

I was working as a web developer during my studies, but I was looking for other things to do in the computing universe.

That's why I oriented myself in the application programming side.

I used to use Photoshop for a long time, for drawing with a pen tablet. But one day, I discovered the world of Linux. This operating system, despite its convenient side for programming, wasn't very handy for its drawing tools (and let Photoshop run on linux is sometimes not convenient at all). Then I discovered MyPaint. It is a great software for people who only want to sketch on their computers, as I do. It provides easy access to simple draw functions, brush sets, and haven't got many Photoshop features like scripting management, advanced hue settings, which are not very helpful for a standard drawer.

It gave me the idea to create the same kind of software for animation world. Of course, there are plenty of animation tools on the market, but no one seems to be very user friendly for people who don't need very advanced features, and who didn't spent many years studying these softwares.

The first goal of this project is to be very user friendly. The user don't have to spend lots of time looking for features... Sometimes new Adobe After Effects users just spend lots of hours to learn how to add an image on their animation and manipulate them. This is exactly what I want to avoid.

I hope this project will reach its goals, and I hope I could distribute it and make people having fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment